Do you think that having a firewall is enough to secure your network?
Think again, traditional network perimeters secure only the incoming and outgoing points of a managed network. A modern enterprise needs better solutions other than antivirus, VPNs, and firewalls to prevent cyber breaches. A raft of security solutions need to apply to all the applications, endpoints, servers’ and applications.
According to the Notifiable Data Breaches Report by OAIC in 2019, the major sources of data breaches were human error(32%) malicious or criminal attacks (64 %)and system faults (4%) (Source – Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
If you fail to act against a data breach then as per the data breach reporting laws in Australia you will face penalties including fines of up to $360,000 for individuals and up to $1.8 million for organizations. It is not just worth taking the risk.
If an enterprise permits various parties, including contractors, partners, and customers, to access their internal applications, this opens up its network to data breaches, security threats, and malware. Therefore to secure networks, there is a need for a defense-in-depth, multi layer strategy that will secure everything, including the network gateway, applications, endpoint servers, and data.
The application of multiple security measures close to applications is one of the ways this can be achieved. There are, however, some barriers in implementing these solutions: a high investment is required for this solution, and there is a shortage of expertise in delivering and managing this kind of solution.
Application delivery controllers are an ideal solution for the above challenge. These are the devices that are placed in data centers between the application server and the firewall.
Site Protect Features
Site Protect is Activ’s Web Application Firewall (WAF) that is a fully scalable and flexible solution with advanced monitoring and protection. The firewall ensures protection of devices, networks and the internet – facing activities.
Palo Alto Next-Generation Firewalls provide the first layer of Activ ICT’s Site Protect solution. They offer us the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Decrypt on the inbound web applications to ensure that threats are prevented across all the traffic that can also include encrypted traffic.
The web application Firewall is capable of securing and processes the web-based traffic flows that are encrypted. It acts as a checkpoint on the exfiltration of sensitive information such as personal and credit card information.
Site Protect also helps an enterprise in satisfying the PCI-DSS compliance requirements, and by default, it will stop all the 10 OWASP vulnerabilities.
Additionally, our load balancers can provide SSL offloading and spread the load across multiple servers to both reduce your server requirements and offer a higher level of redundancy.
Benefits of Site Protect
- Activ ICT’s pricing is cost -effective and you can save as much as 90% over a typical DIY solution.
- Our services offer dual-layered and multi-vendor security which is mandatory for medical or financial businesses.
- site protect works with all Internet-facing applications.
- It is extended to offer active/active or active/passive live disaster recovery.
- There is no need for any technical knowledge as we will be responsible for your complete implementation.
- Can also log to shared SIEM or your own SIEM solution
- The web application Firewall is capable of securing and processes/processing the web-based traffic flows that are encrypted. It acts as a checkpoint on the exfiltration of sensitive information such as personal and credit card information.